Remember when you were a kid? You and EVERY kid who lived on the street, would go to ALL birthday party‘s of the children that lived on the same street? Birthday party‘s were always held at our houses and included games, presents, hot dogs and cake! Old fashioned birthday’s, does anyone have these anymore?
Here are 4 Great Things to do at your child‘s next birthday party, old school style:
1. Decorate it up!
Every child loves to help you with decorating the house, especially for their birthday. Go all out! They will NEVER forget all the decorations and the time you took, spending it solely on them. Check out Wal-Mart, Dollarama (the one in Willowgrove is amazing!) and Micheal’s!
- Birthday Banners
- Chair decorations
Most parents, myself included go to the store and let their child choose a cake, because hey THAT was easy! I am suggesting letting them choose the cake that YOU decorate. You can color your icing, to create designs and buy cake toppers to top off your pretty cake. Be creative, it might be a toss-up to who is more pumped about your newly found cake skills, you or little Susie. If your cake ends up looking terrible, that is a memory in itself, when your kids are older and laughing about it! 🙂
There are several ways for your kids to have the best party experience ever! Try any of these ideas, they are almost free and EVERYONE will have a blast and as a bonus, they will use up some of that energy, which will lower the fighting incidences.
- Pin the Tail on Justin Bieber (lol!)
- 3 Legged races (using ribbon or string)
- Egg races
- Hot potato
- Musical chairs
4. Parent Directed Craft or Activity
After your children have had a chance to run around and play together, you can quiet the party down a little, before cake and presents by an adult directed craft. This part of your party will take place around your table. Some ideas to do are:
- Decorate cupcakes
- Cutting, glueing and pasting
- Coloring and learning sheets
Birthday party’s are important to your child, in fact it is THE most important day of the year! Take the time to plan one that your child can think back and remember how you were the best parent ever and always threw the best birthday party’s! 🙂
- Saskatoon Birthday Party Places for Kids (saskatooninsider.wordpress.com)
- Saskatoon Programs for Your Kids (saskatooninsider.wordpress.com)
- Finding The Perfect Daycare in Saskatoon (saskatooninsider.wordpress.com)
- Saskatoon-Top 5 Things to do at The Forestry Farm Park (saskatooninsider.ca)
- 8 Reasons Why Living in Saskatoon Makes You Amazing! (And it does!) (saskatooninsider.ca)
- 6 Reasons Why the UltraAVX at Galaxy in Saskatoon Rocks! (saskatooninsider.ca)
- Western Development Museum-Saskatoon (saskatooninsider.wordpress.com)
- Saskatoon-8 Fabulous Reasons to Check Out Chaplin! (saskatooninsider.ca)