As you know, because Saskatoon is more small than huge, the circus was just in town. If you have kids, I can only assume that you went because it felt like every parent and child in Saskatoon were cramped into the hot, smelly, mosh pit like tent. Of course, that is only my perspective, the kids thought the circus was amazing and fun!
The BEST part of the circus, were the shows. They included:
- Trained Horses
- Hilarious Clowns
- Trampoline Dude
- Elephant Rides
- Puppy Show
Every act was unique and done very well. I give kudos’ to the people who travel with the circus and commit their lives to performing acts, some of which seem quite dangerous at times. Thank you to all the performers, you did an amazing job!
I DO have a couple of things I would adjust before I consider the circus again:
One of the challenges of the tent set up was trying to leave during intermission or after the show. It was very unpleasant, there was not a clear system and it took 15 minutes of very slow walking to escape the chaos. The experience was made worse, because like most parents of children you are catering to a irritable, tired, over stimulated, wanting toys, need to pee, hungry, child. A new system needs should designed or alternative exists created. The circus was in a make shift tent and the effort in trying to leave might be considerably different at the Credit Union Centre.
Another frustration, was the frequent pausing of the show to advertise how us parents could spend more money, as the travelling food and toys made their rounds. The tent was hot and muggy and at any moment, children could have random tantrums and cry fits, we know there is food and toys making their rounds, please do not stop the show to let us know this.
Overall, the circus was a great family outing and when it comes to Saskatoon I am sure that I will again be there with tickets in hand. My advice to you before you head to the circus is to either give your children a budget OR brings lots of cash, because you my friend are going to spend it!
- 6 Reasons Why the UltraAVX at Galaxy in Saskatoon Rocks! (saskatooninsider.ca)
- 8 Reasons Why Living in Saskatoon Makes You Amazing! (And it does!) (saskatooninsider.ca)
- Saskatoon-Top 5 Things to do at The Forestry Farm Park (saskatooninsider.ca)
- Western Development Museum-Saskatoon (saskatooninsider.wordpress.com)
- Saskatoon Programs for Your Kids (saskatooninsider.wordpress.com)
- Saskatoon-8 Fabulous Reasons to Check Out Chaplin! (saskatooninsider.ca)
- Saskatoon-10 Places to Go (saskatooninsider.wordpress.com)
- Finding The Perfect Daycare in Saskatoon (saskatooninsider.wordpress.com)